If you are diagnosed with high blood pressure you should:
- Talk with your health care provider. Learn what your blood pressure should be and what your numbers are now.
- Learn how to monitor your blood pressure at home.
- Keep a record of your blood pressure and show it to your health care provider at each appointment
- Take your blood pressure medications (if any are prescribed) as instructed by your health care provider and keep a current list of your blood pressure medications with you, including the name, dose and how often you take them.
- Report any side effects you may experience.